National Cat Day is here, and Vine Vera believes it deserves to be celebrated by all those who love and admire their special feline friends. Let’s take a look at some of the things you can do to show your whiskered friend just how much you love them, as well as a history of how National Cat Day came about.
National Cat Day: A History
Founded in 2005 by Colleen Paige, celebrity pet expert and author, October 29th was dubbed National Cat Day. This holiday was created to inspire others to recognize the fact that far too many cats need adoption. Since its inception, National Cat Day has gained aThere are lots of ways to celebrate National Cat Day with your feline friend. Here are some of our favorite ideas here at Vine Vera Skincare:
- Celebrate by throwing a party for you and your cat. Buy some of your cat’s favorite treats, or favorite gourmet cat food. Order some takeout from your favorite Sushi restaurant for yourself, and eat together at the table. This is an adorable way to spend some quality time with your special friend.
- Buy your kitty cat a gift from the heart. Perhaps a new mouse toy, or one with bells and dangly strings. Whatever you choose, your cat will love it – not only because they are getting a new toy, but because it’s from their favorite human.
- Have a special spa day for you and your fluff ball. There are many pet friendly spas that not only offer the royal treatment for you, but for pets as well. Being pampered never felt so purrrfect!
- Take a mini vacation with your cat. Research pet friendly hotels in the area in which you live, and spend a day away with your cat, where you can play, cuddle, and nap together. Cat’s love nothing more than curling up on your lap, or snuggling with you in bed where they can drift away with their best friend to dreamland.
- Create a special slideshow of all your favorite pictures of you and your cat from the time they came into your life up until now. Add some of your favorite music, and you have yourself a special tribute to your special pet. To make it even more fun: watch the video with your cat, and get the family involved in this sweet tribute project. It’s a heartwarming, fun experience everyone in your home will enjoy.
Show Your Cat How Much they mean to You
No matter what you choose to do for your furry friend, or how you choose to spend the day, National Cat Day is all about showing love to your loyal cat, and show them how much they mean to you. Even if you’re pressed for time, any action, big or small, is meaningful and will be a memory made.