Shaving, waxing, using a depilatory, electrolysis, laser treatments – the list goes on and on. With so many hair removal methods to choose from, having a lot of questions with regards to getting your unwanted body hair removed is obvious. Unfortunately, there is no single method that can be considered to be the best for your body. The best hair removal method varies from one body part to the other.
Most Popular Hair Removal Methods
Here is a brief outline of some of the most popular hair removal methods and the advantages and disadvantages offered by each method. This section of the hair removal guide allows you to find a method that works best you.
- Wet Shaving – Wet shaving is one of the easiest ways of getting rid of your body hair and boast of a super smooth finish as well. However, wet shaving leaves you open to cuts and nicks. Moreover, your hair growth tends to be bristly. Make sure that you use a sharp razor for shaving. Also remember to soften your hair follicles in the shower before shaving.
- Electric Shaving – One of the biggest advantages of electric shaving is that it offers a fine screen that helps you save your skin from those terrible nicks and cuts. However, an electric shaver cannot give you a clear and a smooth shave, mainly because the blades cannot get as close as wet shave razors can. Remember to purchase a handy electric shaver that is easy to use, reliable and compact enough to carry while travelling. Use the shaver regularly to ensure a quick and efficient job.
- Epilators – Epilators consist of metal blades that remove your hair directly from its roots. This helps you to boast of an extremely smooth result for as many as 6 weeks. Epilators are known to be extremely painful and you’re likely to suffer some irritation on your skin after using an epilator.
- Waxing – Waxing weakens your hair over time. As a result, your hair re-growth becomes lesser with every wax. However, waxing can be extremely painful for some, particularly in the delicate areas of your body. Waxing can also lead to ingrown hairs, leaving your skin with reddish bumps. The main secret of waxing is that you need to stick to it once you start. It also helps to get a professional to wax your body rather than using those DIY wax strips.
- Depilatories – Depilatories are an easy to use and hassle free alternative for those who find it to be too painful to wax and too scary to shave. It also helps to tackle those sensitive areas of the body in a painless manner. However, depilatories are pathetic in their smell and extremely messy in their application. Remember to test a patch of your skin with a depilatory before applying it all over your body. This helps you to ensure that you’re not allergic to a depilator.
- Lasers – Lasers are known to be an excellent option for those looking for a reduction in their re-growth. In fact, lasers are considered to be the most permanent methods of hair removal. Moreover, you’re likely to require one laser treatment every month during the initial phases. The duration should decrease over time as your re-growth begins to reduce with every session.
Best Method for Each Part
This section of the hair removal guide should allow you to understand the best hair removal methods for different parts of your body and the advantages and disadvantages offered by each method.
- Tweezing – Tweezing is considered to be the best way of treating your eyebrows. Make sure that you mark your brows with a white pencil before you start plucking them.
- Waxing – Waxing is a decent alternative to plucking out hair from your eyebrows, but you simply cannot think about doing this yourself. This is one place where you would want professional help as the smallest bit of misplaced wax can ruin your entire look for weeks.
- Upper Lips
- Laser – Laser therapies are the best ways of getting rid of hair from your upper lips. The sessions last for a few minutes only and you don’t have to bother about hair growth on your upper lips for an entire year.
- Waxing – Waxing allows you to get rid of your mustache for a few weeks. However, it can be an extremely painful process for some.
- Depilatory Cream – Depilatory creams offer you with an instant fix and usually last for a week. However, the application can be quite messy.
- Shaving – Shaving is one of the best ways of getting rid of the hair from your underarms. Don’t forget to apply shaving cream before removing the hair and always pull the razor upwards and then downwards. However, the biggest problem with shaving is that your stubble is extremely quick in returning.
- Waxing – Waxing is an ideal way of ensuring that your stubble stays away for a longer period of time. However, the process is extremely painful to endure, particularly because the underarm hair is thick and is known to grow in a million different directions.
- Laser – Laser is an excellent option for your under arms. It usually offers you with the fastest and the best results and also allows you to remain hair free for the longest period of time. Moreover, laser treatments reduce the re-growth over time and you should be able to boast of becoming hair free within a few years.
- Waxing – Almost 23% of the women agree to shaving their forearms. However, most dermatologists advise their patients to wax their forearms instead. One of the main reasons behind the same is that shaving can lead to a number of nicks and cuts on your skin.
- Laser – Laser is the best solution when it comes to hair removal. Most women are looking for a slight reduction of the hair on their arms. This should easily be achieved within 1 – 3 sessions.
- Bikini area
- Electric shaving – Some women might prefer to use electric shaving around their bikini area, because all other methods seem to be too risky or too painful. However, this method is not likely to offer you the best results.
- Waxing – Waxing might turn out to be quite painful, but it is most likely to offer you with the best results. It also makes sense to take professional help when waxing as it is very easy to get those DIY waxing strips wrong, and the pain can be excruciating, particularly when it comes to your sensitive areas.
- Shaving – More than 70% of the women are dependent on shaving when it comes to removing hair from one’s legs. The main reasons behind the popularity of shaving is that it is fast and extremely easy.
- Waxing – Waxing might cause some amount of pain, but the results can last for weeks and you don’t have to deal with the stubble that appears within a day or two when you shave.
- Depilatory – Using a depilatory is the most effective way of getting rid of the hair on your legs. However, the amount of cream required can make the process extremely messy.