Whether you like it or not, time seems to come to a standstill when those cool and chilly winter months arrive. Normally, most of us can hardly wait for the summer sun to shine bright once again so that we can get back to our lives, enjoy those alluring beaches and spend more time in the outdoor cafes and amid mother nature. But in our haste to welcome the summers, most of us forget to take a peek at our wardrobes. Looking the way you did a few years ago certainly doesn’t help in drawing good things your way. Irrespective of whether you’re willing to spend a few hundred or a few thousand dollars, there’s always something that can be done about your looks and your summer style. So if you’re still planning to wear those same old tees and shorts along those dreadful flip-flops, you really need to check out the Vine Vera Guide to Men’s Summer Style. This unique guide introduces the 5 S’s of Summer Style that help you to pick and choose the perfect summer look.
You probably love the way your summer Tees feel, but you really need to make sure that they don’t look dull. Wearing T-shirts that offer no sense of style whatsoever is not necessary. There are a number of T-shirts that offer a great sense of style. All you need to know is what to look for.
- Striped T-Shirts – If you plan to express the way you look with something more than solid colors, stripes might just be the ideal solution. They offer an excellent balance between looking conservative and over the top and also allow you to separate yourself from the rest. Talking about stripes, the nautical look is just perfect for the summer months. The nautical look is an excellent style to try out, and the ones with blue and white stripes or the ones with anchor patterns should be your main focus.
- V-necks – V-necks are a must have for all you body builders. There can be no better way of flaunting that chest work you’ve been working on at the gym all through the winter. And what better time to flaunt your chest than the summers? Moreover, V-necks are never going to go out of style and they can be worn with almost all sorts of pants.
- Red – Red might be the color of love, but it is also the color on the runways this season. Having a red colored tee is a must for all you style conscious men out there. Whether you’re on the lookout for sharp tailoring or casual wear, red is always one of the best choices that you’re likely to have. It is ideal for someone who exudes confidence and is comfortable with his skin care routine.
- Short-sleeve button downs – Short-sleeve button downs are one of the best summertime casual business wear options available in the market. Remember, the secret of flaunting that perfect looking short-sleeve button down is to find one that fits your body just right. It should hug your torso and also offer a trim cut. The same goes for your biceps – you’d definitely want to show them to the world.
Let’s move over to the one piece of clothing where most men seem to be predisposed to getting it wrong – shorts. You might wonder how something with so little clothing could end up being a fashion disaster. Well, it seems that the excessive heat of the summers makes most people forget about any sense of fashion that they would normally have at any other time in the year. Remember, if you’re still sporting those big and baggy board shorts of yesteryears, you need to rush off to the nearest clothing store. Immediately. Don’t think twice before trading off those board shorts for something slightly shorter.
- Patterned trunks – A more formal occasion might require a buttoned down style, but when you’re visiting the beach, you really need something bold, something refreshingly different. Patterned trunks can go a long way in allowing you to stand out in the crowd.
- Chino shorts – Chinos offer a simple toned down look that comes across as neat and crispy. With above the knee being the way forward this summer, chinos are the way to go. There are a number of styles to choose from – baggy 80s, floral prints, surfers delights – whatever you think suits you best.
- Tailored and well cut shorts – Tailored and well cut shorts can give you a refined look in the summer heat. They are an ideal for those semi formal affairs and also offer a range of styles and colors to choose from.
- Just say no to cargo shorts – The problem with cargos is that they are baggy and bulky. Both styles are a big no this summer and these regular style khaki pants won’t get you any marks with the women either.
Bold, brash, super fresh and playful – these are the things to go for when it comes to choosing your shades. They say that there is a sunglass for every season and every budget. So remember to make a statement with that perfect looking sunglass this summer.
- Matte framed – Whether you like flashy stuff or whether you prefer for something more casual, the matte framed sunglasses are likely to blow you away. They are known to hold true to your look irrespective of their color and the no-gloss, no-transparency and no-shine factor also helps to enhance your looks. Vibrant reds and classic blacks are the way to go this summer.
- Wayfarers – From Bob Dylan to Sammy Davis Jr., the Wayfarer has found itself on the face of many a celebrity. The Ray-Ban Wayfarer is considered to be a foolproof method of looking good during the summers. They consist of polarized UV 400 polycarbonate lenses, matte black plastic frames and light-gray shades. Above all, the Wayfarer is considered to be a style that America has endured since ages.
- Aviators – Aviators are known to offer one of the most versatile frames in the market and make you look good in front of a well tanned crowd as well. Moreover, there are a range of aviator styles and colors to choose from, and finding something to match your look is quite simple.
What guy doesn’t like shoes? Most men keep looking for reasons to add another pair of loafers, sneakers or formals to their overflowing collections. However, despite their love for shoes and classic footwear, most men wouldn’t think twice before venturing out in those god awful flip flops during the summers. Here are a few alternatives that should offer you with equal amounts of comfort and a much better style.
- Slip-on sneakers – You need to have something that’s easy to use and comfortable to wear during the summers. If not flip-flops, then what? Well, slip-on sneakers are an excellent idea. From high end labels such as Gucci and Jimmy Choo to more affordable brands such as Keds and SeaVees, finding slip-on sneakers to suit your style and your budget is easy.
- Boat shoes – It might be difficult to choose between boat shoes and loafers, but boat shoes are always the right way to go. Neither option is trendy, but boat shoes are known to be sportier and they can easily be worn with all sorts of clothes.
- Italian loafers – Italian loafers are an icon of timeless style and they have been around for generations. You can still sport these loafers happily without having to bother about these loafers “dampening” your style.
Skin Care is something that is catching up in a big way among men. Over the years, men have become more and more cosmopolitan in nature and taking care of the skin is not just limited to the ladies anymore. However, anyone who is serious about his skin care needs to understand that the same routine doesn’t work for all four seasons. Your summer skin care needs extra protection and care to help you maintain your younger looking skin. Here are a few must have skin care solutions for the summer months.
- Resveratrol Men’s Renewal Mask – The Vine Vera Resveratrol Men’s Renewal Mask contains a range of nutrients that can help men keep their skin soft, hydrated and youthful. All you need to do is apply the mask once a week and allow it to fight the blemishes and nourish your skin.
- Resveratrol Men’s Renewal Serum – The Vine Vera Resveratrol Men’s Renewal Mask is best used in tandem with the Vine Vera Resveratrol Men’s Renewal Serum. Apply the serum on your face before shaving in order to avoid ingrown hairs.
- Resveratrol Men’s After Shave Balm – TheVine Vera Resveratrol Men’s After Shave Balm is a product that is ideal for men who prefer to ensure that they don’t suffer from razor bumps or after shave irritation. The exotic ingredients that the balm contains allow for moisturized and softer looking skin. You need to use the balm after shaving in order to soothe and hydrate the skin.
- SPF – Don’t forget to wear sunscreen lotions or day creams that offer SPF protection every single day. You also need to ensure that you choose sunscreens that offer an SPF of 30. Those SPF 15 solutions won’t get you anywhere.