Over recent years, seeing the topic of super foods has become commonplace across the internet. There are advertisements that show up on our screens for them, and blogs and websites dedicated to them. You might be asking yourself, “What exactly are super foods, and why do I need them?”
Super foods are categorized by their impeccable nutrition value. They are jam packed full of nutrients, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. They keep us healthy, prevent disease, and even alleviate pain and suffering from pre-existing medical conditions. They are pretty incredible, in short, and offer a great deal of good health to us.
There are many foods which are considered super foods. The list below shows a mere few of the many fruits and vegetables which are pleasing to the palate, and even more pleasing to your body:
- Berries – berries are full of antioxidants, which fight cancer and heart disease, as well as vitamins and minerals to keep us healthy all over. Berries also contain components which keep our hair, skin and nails healthy. The types of berries you should eat for optimal health are blueberries, acai berries, raspberries, and boysenberries.
- Chlorella – a natural form of beneficial algae which provides high doses of antioxidants such as Vitamin C and carotenoids, which help keep you healthy and also from getting sick. This amazing super food is also a fantastic detoxifying agent, targeting and removing toxins and metals from the body and eliminating them by removal.
- Black Soybeans – not often talked about or heard of, black soybeans gained great popularity when featured on the Dr. Oz show. These fantastic beans provide more protein than their counterparts, and also offer more antioxidant protection than many other beans do. They also help you to lose weight. Brilliant!
- Tumeric – Tumeric is a much used and much loved spice in Indian cuisine. Tumeric is a fantastic super food, because it gives incredible flavor to food, has antiseptic properties, is packed with antioxidants, and has anti-inflammatory properties as well. Researchers believe turmeric may be able to prevent certain cancers, and also ward off Alzheimer’s disease. This is a great addition to any kitchen.
- Coconut Oil – Coconut oil has become a favorite of many foodies and home chefs due to its ability to cook food as well as butter or oil, with far less fat. It is packed with Omega 3 Fatty acids, which are actually a good fat, and help keep your calories down. Aside from that, it helps ward off infection and sickness, aids in digestion, helps keep diabetes in check due to metabolism support, and also helps regulate the thyroid. It can also help reduce high cholesterol, and help you lose weight due to its ability to keep your metabolism running in optimum condition.
These are just a mere few of the fantastic super foods you should be incorporating into your every-day life. Like these, all super foods have the ability to keep you healthy, prevent sickness and disease, and provide benefits you can’t get from other foods.
Try and incorporate these awesome foods into your life, and watch your health soar!